Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
log dawgs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:06:46 PM(UTC)
log dawgs

Groups: Registered

I hope you Austin area geocachers do not mind if I post something here campaigning for TXGA President. I know a few of you and have cached in and around Austin a few times. Below is my campaign mission statement. Thanks again and I hope for your support.

You may ask yourself who is this Brent Kitchens fellow? A few people have heard of me due to my geocaching name Log Dawgs. I am an avid cacher in SE Texas and help with the Houston Geocaching Society Awards. I have cached all over the state and US. I have been to events in Dallas, The Texas Challenge, and last year the Block Party in Seattle to name a few. I have a working relationship with several key members of Groundspeak and the State Forest System. I am teaching a class for Jones State Forest on Geocaching this coming Thursday. While I have not held an office with the TXGA before, I do have experience in leadership in other organizations. Here are a few of my key points.

1. A State of the Union from the President at least once a year to all members.
2. Monthly communications of what is happening and going on in Texas
and beyond.
3. Region geocachers of the month and then State geocachers of the month.
4. Work out with a Geocaching supplier a discount for all TXGA
members. AKA Make it TXGA Approved
5. Continue to build a great relationship with the Texas State Parks. (My experience with the State Forest System will help me in this goal.)
6. Work with Groundspeak on new ideas. Such as a Texas specific geocaching tour.
7. Last but not least make geocaching in Texas FUN!

I was also asked a question by a geocacher: "Question....I'm trying to decide if I want to renew my membership (I was at the basic $5 level last year). Is there any benefit to joining/renewing beyond getting a pathtag and trackable? I'm not sure $5 was worth the card. And I'm not sure I want to pay $15 for just a pathtag & trackable."

My response " That is the reason I want to run. What do you get for you dues? At minimum why not have a monthly email to members with information on each region. No communication other than the website for the last two years. I know what it takes to run an organization with members who pay dues. I have done it and hope to increase awareness to all Cachers in Texas."

These are just a few of my key points. There are so many more ideas
that we can work together to ensure TXGA builds for the future and
embraces the past. If you would please vote for me in the upcoming
election I will do my best for Texas Geocachers.

Brent Kitchens
Log Dawgs
Austin Explorer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:36:21 AM(UTC)
Austin Explorer

Groups: Admin, Administrators, BetaUser, Registered, TrustedUser

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Brent,

I certainly don't mind a civil, thoughtful post or debate about some of the issues with Geocaching in Austin and Texas. Your post seems to fit nicely with that. So, no objections here!
Robert